There are a variety of spaces for Registered Campus Organizations to hold activities and programs. Depending on your needs, there are a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces available. Some spaces are free for students to use, but may come with additional costs for additional labor and facilities usage. Consult with your SOLE Advisor to review effective spaces to hold your activities and programs before proceeding with a reservation request.
EOL Diagram & Step-by-Step Process
ASUCLA Events Office
ASUCLA offers a variety of classrooms and event spaces for meetings and programs for registered campus organizations. The ASUCLA Events Office can support your organization with preliminary planning and detailed planning for event venues. Additionally, the ASUCLA SUEF can help offset costs associated with hosting a program in an ASUCLA venue. Below are the spaces overseen by ASUCLA Events Office:
- Ackerman Meeting Rooms
- Art Gallery
- Bruin Plaza
- Bruin Reception Room
- Charles E. Young Grand Salon
- Grand Ballroom
- Kerckhoff Meeting Rooms
- State Rooms
- Third Floor Lounge
- Viewpoint Conference Room
*To reserve Bruin Plaza and/or Meyerhoff Park, please visit https://sole.ucla.edu/calendars
*Meeting Room Lottery Fall 2022 - Important Dates:
The ASUCLA Meeting Room Lottery for the 2022 Fall Quarter is about to start. If your student organization would like to reserve a weekly meeting room in Ackerman Union or Kerckhoff Hall, please sign up to be part of our lottery.
This google form will start accepting responses for sign ups on May 9th at 10 AM. The google form will close May 11th at 10 AM. Failure to sign up on time will mean that your organization will not be part of our lottery and will have to wait until the lottery ends to reserve a weekly meeting room. Results of the lottery will be emailed to the signatories that responded to the google form on May 13th and will be posted outside of the A-Level Front Desk in Ackerman Union and on the lottery section of our website.
Lottery appointments will take place through zoom. The signatory that signed up will be receiving a zoom link specific for their lottery date. We will be taking daily lottery appointments on a first come first serve basis through the waiting room in zoom.
Please note that every appointment takes approx. 15-20 minutes. We appreciate your patience with us as we work on finding the best rooms for your organizations.
Do not come to the reservationist office for your lottery appointment.
*Meeting Room Lottery Fall 2022 - Guidelines:
- Due to limited meeting rooms: each registered campus organization will be allowed to reserve up to two hours of meeting space per week.
- Once all Lottery appointments are completed, each registered student organization may reserve an additional two hours per week (for a total of hours hours per week)
- Only Signatories are able to sign up for ASUCLA Meeting Room Lottery. Signatory status and group name will be verified upon entry into the Zoom room.
Missed Your Lottery Appointment or Need Additional Meeting Rooms?
Due to limited banner space:
- Each registered student organization will be allowed to reserve one banner space for one week.
- Once all Lottery appointments are completed, each registered student organization may reserve one additional banner space for one week.
- Student groups may also sign up for one week of waiting list banner space.
UCLA Conference and Catering Services
UCLA Conferences and Catering Services offers meetings, event spaces, and catering. They can support you with logistical and technical aspects of your event. There are costs associated with using these spaces, thus Registered Campus Organizations are encouraged to co-program with Residence Life for programs occurring on The Hill. Below are the spaces overseen by Residence Life:
- Carnesale Commons
- Covel Commons
- De Neve Plaza
- Northwest Campus Auditorium
UCLA Conference & Catering Services has adapted their services to offer virtual event support: https://conferences.ucla.edu/virtual-meetings/
UCLA Events Office
The UCLA Events Office provides venue scheduling and management assistance for non-academic meetings and events organized by Registered Campus Organizations (RCOs). The Events Office also provides management assistance for venues, at no cost, however, other event services such as audio and visual equipment , equipment rentals, and facilities room openings have associated costs. Speak to your SOLE Advisor before proceeding with reservations. Below are the spaces overseen by the Events Office:
*Meeting Room Lottery Fall 2022:
Sign-ups are now open for Fall 2022 Classroom Lottery appointments. When you enter your group into the lottery, you will be given a randomly generated appointment time to schedule a room for next quarter.
Complete the form to sign up for a Fall 2022 Classroom Lottery appointment. Appointment times are assigned by lottery, not by the time you reply.
The lottery sign-up will close at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18. Any submissions after 4:00 p.m. on May 18 will notbe entered in the Fall 2022 Lottery. The lottery does not include rooms in Ackerman Union and Kerckhoff Hall.
By 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, you will receive an email with an appointment date to schedule a classroom for a weekly meetingonly. You can expect an assigned classroom between the scheduling hours of 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on your appointment date.
- If you are a signatory for multiple groups, please complete a form for each group (e.g. if you’re a signatory for three groups, there should be three different applications).
- You can only book one room per week for a maximum of 1 hour and 50 minutes starting at 6:00 p.m., and ending no later than 9:50 p.m. (Hours, times, and maximums can be extended beginning Week 3.)
- Acapella groups can only make weekday reservations starting at 7:00 p.m. with permission from professors/groups next door.
- No singing, no live music, and no amplified sound in the classrooms (except for acapella groups with permission).
- If more than one of your signatories applies, we’ll only enter your group once, but will notify each signatory of your appointment date.
- If you would like to schedule a one-timeweekday event for fall quarter rather than a weekly meeting, you may submit a request on Friday, June 3, between the scheduling hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., OR when fall quarter resumes on Monday, September 26.
- If you miss the June 3 deadline, the next available date to schedule for fall 2022 is Monday, September 26.
- If you would like to schedule a weekend event or outdoor area for fall quarter, please speak with your SOLE Advisor first, then send your detailed request by email to Stacey Tate at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If you miss the lottery sign-up, or miss your lottery appointment, you may submit a request on Friday, June 3 to schedule a room for fall quarter.
What is Lottery?
- Lottery is a chance for your group to sign up for next quarter’s classrooms. Enter your group into the lottery and you will be given a randomly generated appointment date to come schedule a room for next quarter. Appointment dates are assigned by lottery, not by the time you reply to the email.
How do I sign up for classroom lottery?
Lottery sign ups will take place usually the quarter before. This lottery is not for rooms in Ackerman Union nor Kerckhoff Hall.Appointment times will be announced one month before quarter begins.
If you'd like to schedule a weekend event or outdoor area for fall quarter, speak with your SOLE Advisor first, then send your detailed request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information for reserving outdoor spaces can be found at https://www.events.ucla.edu/plan-an-event/student-event-planning
Office of Residential Life
UCLA Residence Life offers rooms exclusively for UCLA students, staff, and faculty ideal for meetings, practices and study groups. There are restrictions on these spaces including: n o distribution of food, no posting signs, no fundraising or sales. Available spaces will be posted on the reservations page and the system is self-serve, so first come, first serve. These spaces are not for events and must follow reservation terms. For more information, email Program & Event Management at email@example.com.
Below are the spaces overseen by Residence Life:
- De Neve meeting rooms
- Hedrick Music Rooms
- Hedrick Movement Studio
- Hedrick Study Rooms
- The Study at Hedrick
- Rieber Music Rooms
- Rieber Study Rooms
- Sproul Music Rooms
- Sproul Study Rooms
Additional spaces are available for groups hosting programs and events who co-program with Residence Life. Registered campus organizations can start submitting requests to co-program with Residential Life beginning September 6th. Co-programs can include virtual and/or in-person and must follow co-programming guidelines.
UCLA Recreation proves a broad range of services and activities for the University Community. Registered Campus Organizations have access to reserving facilities for meetings, programs, and events. For a list of facilities overseen by UCLA Recreation, visit their facilities page.
Requests for event space reservations will open on Monday, August 30th. Requests for the John Wooden Center Meeting Rooms and Studios will open on Tuesday, September 7th. Requests for the Student Activities Center will open on Wednesday, September 15th for non-SAC tenants.
Reservations FAQ: https://recreation.ucla.edu/facilities/reservations-and-rentals
Current signatories can request accounts prior to August 30th. Request your account at https://reserve.recreation.ucla.edu/ (takes 2 business days to process). Please make sure to list your full organization's name as it is listed with SOLE to avoid delays.
Reservation request guidelines can be found online.
Student Activities Center:
- Monday, August 15 – For Student Activities Center Tenants
- Thursday, September 1 – For all other Account Holders
- Campus Registered Organizations and Departments: Meeting Rooms and Studios require requests be submitted a minimum of 5 business days in advance, all other venues require requests to be submitted a minimum of 20 business days in advance.
- Off-Campus clients: All space requests must be submitted a minimum of 30 business days in advance.
- Requests do not guarantee space.
- Large Events: If you are hosting an event for 350 or more people we cannot guarantee space approval with less than 30 days’ notice, due to the University’s Major Event Policy.