We’re here for you!
The SOLE is open from 8am - 5pm PST and the staff are working hybrid during our regular business hours. Schedule an appoint. We are available via email, zoom and in-person.
- If you have questions for your organization’s advisor or want to schedule a virtual meeting - contact your advisor by email.
- If you have questions about SOLE administered funds or have questions about University fiscal procedures, please contact our fiscal advisors.
- You can find our emails on our About Us.
- For general questions or inquiries, email us at email@example.com
- UCLA Covid-19 Resources page
News and Updates
- SOLE sent out the Spring quarter, week 7 newsletter to signatories on Monday, May 9
On behalf of UCLA New Student Academic Programs (NSAP): We are excited to share that New Student Sessions will be back in-person for summer 2022. Each summer the New Student Sessions feature an evening event over dinner, co-sponsored with ASUCLA, that allows organizations to get some exposure and new students to see a small sampling of UCLA's many opportunities for involvement and support. If your organization is a registered student group or a university-affiliated campus department, we encourage you to join us.
In order to participate in the UCLA New Student Fairs, groups must complete the following:
1. Fill out the online registration by Friday, June 3rd at 11:59 pm.
2. Organizations will be notified when assignments have been set (by Wednesday, June 15th).
3. Confirm participation by Tuesday, July 5th.
4. Ensure your representatives have reviewed the New Student Fair guidelines before tabling.
Further information and online registration for this year’s UCLA New Student Fairs can be found at: https://forms.gle/9saYyqNZGg44hLzP9
Due to the limited space at the fairs and the typically high number of groups who are interested in participating, we are unable to guarantee a group’s participation at every fair. Groups will be assigned to as many fairs as possible while maintaining a diverse representation of student groups, which may mean that your group will rotate with others.
We hope your organization is interested in participating in this summer’s events and look forward to seeing your organization’s registration! If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to Ryan Darling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruin Walk fundraising is available to registered campus organizations. For the time being, we have limited sales (food and non-food items) to four (4) groups per day to avoid excessive gathering. In order to fundraise, please complete the following:
- Stop by the SOLE Office (Kerckhoff 105) and check the Bruin Walk Fundraiser Calendar to ensure your desired day/time is available.
- Verify the item(s) you are looking to sell are eligible (perishable food items not permitted).
- Complete the Bruin Walk Permit (for non-food and food items) and have your Advisor sign off. If your Advisor is not available, the front desk can place it in their box. You will to coordinate with your Advisor when to retrieve it.
- Have your permit handy on the day you are fundraising.
SOLE will no longer be posting flyers for Registered Campus Organizations or campus departments on the glass encased boards throughout campus. We encourage you to seek out alternative advertising methods such as:
- Social media: Collaborate with UCLA departments and organizations to share your organization's information and/or upcoming events.
- IF you are a Registered Campus Organization, utilize the @Bruinleaders Instagram's organization highlights: bit.ly/BLPOrgs
- Utilize Bruin Walk to distribute flyers and network with UCLA Students.
- Consider utilizing digital advertising with ASUCLA and The Hill - make sure it is appropriate based on your target audience.
- Utilize the SOLE Toolkit for additional advertising resources.
Registration: all groups must register at least once per academic year
Spring registration is closed for the year. Registration for new groups will start Fall 2022 during 0 week.
For Instructions go to - https://sole.ucla.edu/organizations
Re-registration (for organizations that were registered last year academic year) will start the first week of September.
2022 Charles E. Young (CEY) Humanitarian Award:
2021-2022 Charles E. Young Humanitarian Award Applications CLOSED: https://sole.ucla.edu/cey-award
UCLA offers over 1,300 student organizations including student government, academic, leadership, spiritual & religious, club sports, and community service organizations that you can get involved in. Search are our diverse groups and find your community!
The office of Student Organizations, Leadership & Engagement (SOLE) schedules Bruin Plaza for registered campus organizations (RCOs) and helps with the planning of their activities.
SOLE supports the scheduling of Meyerhoff Park for registered campus organizations, individual students, faculty or staff.
Bruin Plaza and Meyerhoff Park will be available for reservations. Visit sole.ucla.edu/calendars for additional information.
Your SOLE Advisor is here to offer support and guidance as we transition back to campus for winter quarter.
SOLE Past Event Resources:
If there are future workshop topics you would like SOLE to provide, please let us know: bit.ly/SOLEsuggest.
SOLE Session: Organization Transition
Please contact your SOLE advisor to discuss specifics or questions about organization transition.
SOLE Session: University Funding and SOLE Fiscal Updates
Sorry you missed this workshop! Please check in with your advisor about remaining funds and SOLE Fiscal updates.
SOLE Session: Student Leader Toolkit - Social Justice & Diversity Resources
SOLE Session - USAC Contingency and Campus Programs Committee Mini Funding:
Recruitment Tips Workshop:
Spring One-Stop: Center for Accessible Education
Please contact your SOLE advisor to understand what practices they can implement to maximize inclusivity & accessibility at their organizations.