We’re here for you!
The SOLE is open from 8 am - 5 pm PST and the staff are working hybrid during our regular business hours. Schedule an appointment. We are available via email, zoom and in-person.
- If you have questions for your organization’s advisor or want to schedule a virtual meeting - contact your advisor by email.
- If you have questions about SOLE-administered funds or have questions about University fiscal procedures, please contact our fiscal advisors.
- You can find our emails on our About Us.
- For general questions or inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Updates
To sign up for Winter 2024 Classroom Lottery appointment, click on this Lottery Link
This lottery is not for rooms in Ackerman Union nor Kerckhoff Hall.
Lottery Sign-up is now open and will close at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21st (any submissions after 4:00 p.m. on November 21st will not be entered in the Winter 2024 Lottery).
On Wednesday, November 22nd by 4:00 p.m., you will receive an email with the appointment date to schedule a classroom for a WEEKLY MEETING only. Priority scheduling hours are 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., you can expect an assigned classroom between that time, on your appointment date.
Winter Registration starts week 1
If you missed registering an organization in the fall, you can do so starting winter quarter.
All new group signatories must attend a new signatory workshop at One-Stop
- Signatories needs to only attend one of the new signatory workshops. Signatories are able to attend a different workshops if needed.
- For re-registering groups, at least one signatory must attend a SOLE mandatory workshop.
- Workshop attendance required for approval of the organization
SIOC Mini-Fund available
In order to enhance the services provided to educationally disadvantaged students in Southern California, the Student-Initiated Outreach Committee provides a supplemental funding source for student-initiated, student-run community service projects and UCLA student-sponsoring organizations that perform outreach services. This funding will be available to all projects funded by the Community Activities Committee (CAC) and Undergraduate Students Association Council (USAC).
Fall Deadline - Week 5 Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 5:00 PM
Bruin Walk fundraising is available to registered campus organizations. For the time being, we have limited sales (food and non-food items) to four (4) groups per day to avoid excessive gathering. In order to fundraise, please complete the following:
- Stop by the SOLE Office (Kerckhoff 105) and check the Bruin Walk Fundraiser Calendar to ensure your desired day/time is available.
- Verify the item(s) you are looking to sell are eligible (perishable food items not permitted).
- Complete the Bruin Walk Permit (for non-food and food items) and have your Advisor sign off. If your Advisor is not available, the front desk can place it in their box. You will to coordinate with your Advisor when to retrieve it.
- Have your permit handy on the day you are fundraising.
SOLE will no longer be posting flyers for Registered Campus Organizations or campus departments on the glass-encased boards throughout campus. We encourage you to seek out alternative advertising methods such as:
- Social media: Collaborate with UCLA departments and organizations to share your organization's information and/or upcoming events.
- IF you are a Registered Campus Organization, utilize the @Bruinleaders Instagram's organization highlights: bit.ly/BLPOrgs
- Utilize Bruin Walk to distribute flyers and network with UCLA Students.
- Consider utilizing digital advertising with ASUCLA and The Hill - make sure it is appropriate based on your target audience.
- Utilize the SOLE Toolkit for additional advertising resources.
Registration: all groups must register at least once per academic year.
Fall Registration is closed.
Winter Registration: Jan 8 @ 12noon - Jan 19 @ 5pm.
Registration instructions can be found at www.sole.ucla.edu/organizations, Please note that signatories must attend a new signatory workshop during One-Stop to complete their registration requirements.
2023 Charles E. Young (CEY) Humanitarian Award:
2022-2023 Charles E. Young Humanitarian Award Applications CLOSED: https://sole.ucla.edu/cey-award
SOLE Administered Funding Fall Deadline Notice
Be advised that UCLA is updating their procure-to-pay system. Due to this, prior deadlines for SOLE funding have changed.
- MyUCLA Requisition Submission Fall Deadline -
- Friday December 1st, 2023 (9th Week) : Is the deadline to submit funding requisitions for expenses incurred in Fall quarter.
- MyUCLA Funding System: https://sa.ucla.edu/funding/fund/client
- Invoice Submission Deadline -
- Friday, December 8th, 2023 (10th Week) : Is the deadline to submit invoices/receipts for expenses incurred in Fall quarter.
- Invoice Submission Link: https://sa.ucla.edu/FORMS/P/S017S
If your organization has any expense needs for programs that occur after the December 8th deadline, please contact the SOLE fiscal staff so we may review needs on a case-by-case basis.
UCLA offers over 1,300 student organizations including student government, academic, leadership, spiritual & religious, club sports, and community service organizations that you can get involved in. Search are our diverse groups and find your community!
The office of Student Organizations, Leadership & Engagement (SOLE) schedules Bruin Plaza for registered campus organizations (RCOs) and helps with the planning of their activities.
SOLE supports the scheduling of Meyerhoff Park for registered campus organizations, individual students, faculty or staff.
Bruin Plaza and Meyerhoff Park will be available for reservations. Visit sole.ucla.edu/calendars for additional information.
Your SOLE Advisor is here to offer support and guidance as we transition back to campus for winter quarter.
SOLE Past Event Resources:
If there are future workshop topics you would like SOLE to provide, please let us know: bit.ly/SOLEsuggest.
SOLE Session: Organization Transition
Please contact your SOLE advisor to discuss specifics or questions about organization transition.
SOLE Session: New Signatory Workshop
SOLE Session: University Funding and SOLE Fiscal Updates
Sorry you missed this workshop! Please check in with your advisor about remaining funds and SOLE Fiscal updates.
SOLE Session: Student Leader Toolkit - Social Justice & Diversity Resources
SOLE Session - USAC Contingency and Campus Programs Committee Mini Funding:
Recruitment Tips Workshop:
Spring One-Stop: Center for Accessible Education
Please contact your SOLE advisor to understand what practices they can implement to maximize inclusivity & accessibility at their organizations.